Changing the landscape—through deliverables
The “Work” of the Working Groups is to create deliverables!
Yes, we have interesting conversations between intelligent people, and we learn from each other and invent new things together.
However, the goal remains to change the Digital Trust Landscape, and that requires deliverables that people can put into action.
The ToIP Foundation produces a wide range of tools and specifications, organized into five categories:
- Specifications to be implemented in code
- Glossaries to be incorporated in other documents
- Recommendations to be followed in practice
- Guides to be executed in operation
- White Papers to assist in decision making.
Introductory and Foundational Documents
- Trust Over IP Foundation White Paper V2.0 (PDF)
The history of trust, the new era that’s upon us, and an overview of the Trust Over IP stack that supports its implementation.
- Design Principles for the ToIP Stack V1.0 (PDF)
This paper recommends the 17 core design principles for the design and development of the ToIP stack, including computer network design principles, “human network” trust principles, and general design principles.
- Digital Trust Primer V2.1 (PDF)
An introduction to Digital Trust and how to drive its global adoption.
- Principles of SSI V1.0 (PDF)
Provides emerging ecosystems, organizations and individuals with a set of design principles that cover the core tenets of SSI.
Explorations and Recommendations
- Defining Digital Trust Ecosystems V1.0 (PDF)
Drawing on the characteristics of natural ecosystems and human economies to propose a definition of digital trust ecosystems.
- Decentralized Resource Identifiers in the Research Landscape V1.0 (PDF)
A new ecosystem of decentralized research identifiers is proposed that offers benefits of decentralization, interoperability, security, and scalability compared to current implementations.
- Do You Trust Me? V1.2 (PDF)
An exploration of the challenges in digital trust for every transaction, whether human, technical, or digital.
Templates, Specifications, and Companion Guides
- Governance Architecture Specification V1.0 (PDF)
This is the core specification for the interoperability requirements for ToIP-compliant governance frameworks. (Note that it references the Governance Metamodel Specification as a subset; see below.)
- Governance Metamodel Specification V1.0 (PDF) and Companion Guide V1.0 (PDF)
A subset of the ToIP Governance Architecture Specification, this specifies the required, recommended, and optional components of a ToIP-compliant governance framework document set.
- Risk Assessment Worksheet Template V1.0 (Excel) and Companion Guide (RACG) V1.0 (PDF)
A guided template to help complete a ToIP recommended Risk Assessment in advance of a governance framework construction.
- Trust Criteria Matrix Template V1.0 (Excel) and Companion Guide V1.0 (PDF)
A container to organize and operationalize the accountability of governance framework mandates.
- Trust Assurance and Certification Controlled Document Template V1.0 (PDF) and Companion Guide V1.0 (PDF)
A starter shell for the production of a ToIP-approved trust assurance framework.
- Governance Framework Matrix V1.0 (Excel) and Companion Guide V1.0 (PDF)
A structure to evaluate, define and operationalize governance objectives, structure, process, and incentives for ToIP solutions.
Good Health Pass Resources
- Good Health Pass Interoperability Blueprint V1.0 (PDF)
The approved deliverable about the open, inclusive, cross-sector initiative focused on reopening global travel.
- GHP Guardianship Addendum V0.9 (PDF)
Addressing the role of guardians in supporting accompanied travel for children, adults requiring support, and unaccompanied travel scenarios.
- Paper Credentials Cookbook V1.0 (PDF)
A “cookbook” for creating Good Health Pass (GHP) paper credentials and passes (PCP).
- GHP Holder Wallet Requirements and User Experience Considerations V1.0 (PDF)
Requirements for a consistent user experience, based on a model of universal acceptance.
Looking for something else? Please contact us and we’ll point you in the right direction.